Friday, September 18, 2009

Happy 5th Birthday Victoria.

Crissy, my buddy from church came over and we had a ball while Victoria was off to school. We covered her room in streamers and balloons. We decorated the car with balloons and signs saying "Honk if your 6!" and "Victoria for President". I decided last minute to try to get Victoria from school again so that she could be picked up in front of her friends with the signs and decorations on the car. I stepped inside the doorway to the office and waited for what seemed like forever for the secretary to get off of the phone so that she could tell me that it wasn't possible for Victoria to be put in the car riders line. Oh well I will go back to my decorated car that is holding up the carpool line and go home. My decorations will be appreciated elsewhere. lol.

She was so happy and embarrassed to see our car waiting to get her. She had on a crown from school and was covered in stickers! She hopped in the car and did take notice of her brother in the chicken costume that mom and I found at Goodwill earlier this week. Anthony insisted on wearing it and DID NOT want to take it off, it just wasn't happening. I ran out of time to argue with him so into the car we went with Anthony in his zip up jammies (arms and legs cut out in our attempt to keep his diaper on) and one, not two, but one of my Halloween socks that he also HAD to wear with a full chicken suit. He looked absolutely ridiculous, and hilarious! We rolled down the window so that he wouldn't have a heat stroke. He was sweating and happy as can be, to him he looked GREAT!

Victoria picked Little Ceaser's pizza of course for her birthday celebration. We headed back home and had our feast along with homemade cinnamon pizza sticks. yummy! Victoria opened up her presents from us and Crissy and was off playing before we knew what happened.

James called shortly after the festivities to let me know that his truck has again broken down. He was stuck in Columbus OH and I may need to pack up the kids and make the 3 hour drive to get him and take him back on Monday. Everything got turned upside down in one phone call. He didn't have any answers because the transmission tech was getting off work, his truck was in pieces in the shop and he didn't know what his options were. I sat on the couch in my own predicament wondering if I should be packing up children or not and what I was going to do if I needed to get to the bathroom on the way. The things you take for granted when you don't have children.

James called back shortly that we wouldn't need to come and get him and he was going to get a rental car and come home that way. He called back a few minutes later to tell me that all of the rental places were closed and he was stuck sleeping in the drivers room in a recliner for the night and had to start over on the rental car tomorrow. My poor man has the worst luck.

Victoria and I salvaged the rest of the night once we knew that we weren't leaving and watched the movie Inkheart. Such a good movie. Victoria and I loved it and I let her sleep in bed with me, she loves that. She feel so grown up when she sleeps with Mommy. Some birthday snuggles and we were snoring.

No comments: