Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Been gone on a trip

Unfortunately not the kind that you are thinking.  I had a tooth pulled on Monday.  I HATE the dentist's office so I asked mom for one of her Xanax to help get me to walk through the door.  I didn't think it was doing much until I asked for some gas too once in the chair.  "Um, Mrs. Craig we can't do that if you are expecting"  I wanted to jump up and leave.  How dare they!  I know that I have put on weight but I'm not pregnant!  I corrected her politely and then she showed me the papers that I filled out in the waiting room.  On "Have you had a cough or sneeze recently?"  I marked yes and explained that I was having problems with my allergies.  Everything after that question I marked YES to thinking that I was marking no.  I am pregnant, have arthritis, tuberculosis, emphysema, had a stroke, heart attack, and have regular seizures.  Who knew?  Apparently my life is a little more complicated that I let on. I have quite a few medical conditions.  I explained myself and they gave me my gas and into la-la land I drifted....

Mom picked up my floating eyeballs and we headed to get my pain meds and antibiotics.  Mom pulled up to the drive thru and the laughter began.  I started explaining to mom about my paperwork mishap and we started laughing.  The lady at the window was trying to get mom's attention to ask a question and we were unable to quit laughing.  My mother then proceeds to tell her, over the loud speaker mind you, "Sorry she had gas this morning!!".  I then attempted to crawl under my passenger seat.  "MOTHER!  SHHH!"  She then realized that she told all of Salem, at least all of the people in the Rite Aid, that her daughter had gas this morning and how that could be interpreted.  We then erupted into laughter even louder. 

Some heavy pain pills and antibiotics later I was outside playing on the lawn mower giving the kids a ride.  I was taking my pills 4 times a day like the bottle said and started to get nauseous, and dizzy.  Couldn't understand what it was.  I then spent the night scratching my neck and chest and trying to get the room to quit spinning.  Tuesday I talked myself into going to Bible study and left feeling even worse.  I called mom in a panic and she came down to rescue me by taking care of A&A.  We called the pharmacy and found out that 4 times a day was EVERY 6 HOURS, not every 3.  I was taking it on a 12 hour day and it made perfect sense to me.  I was overdosing on pain meds and having a reaction to it.  Go figure!  So now I am back to the land of the living.  I have shelved my pain meds and now just taking Ibuprofen.  Still feel like I got smacked in the side of the face with a hammer but I am coherent and able to care for my children again.  I don't recommend this as a way to mentally check out of life.  I feel much better now and have a full day ahead.  Speaking of I better get off of here and finish my to-do list.

1 comment:

Jill said...

You poor thing! I dread going to the dentist. . .