Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter Yall!

What an amazing weekend!  All of the kids were at the house and I didn't get too claustrophobic with 7 people in a 3 bedroom home.  Everyone got along, great meals, great together time, and celebrating Easter!  Makenzie's hair turned out well and so did the first supervised visitation in our home with Tina and Victoria even.  I did miss eating dinner with my parents and Sister's family at Cracker Barrel but felt it best to be home during the visit.  I did make an amazing meal though of ham, homemade mac and cheese, taters, green beans, rolls, and deviled eggs.  We all crowded around the table and chowed down!  This morning I made the most amazing thing that I have to share.  I found this recipe in a Bisquick cookbook that I have for Cinnamon Raisin Biscuits with a vanilla glaze.  SO YUMMY!

2 1/2 cup of Bisquick mix
1/2 cup raisins
2/3 cup of milk
2 T of sugar
1 t of ground cinnamon

-Heat oven to 450 stir all ingredients until forms soft dough. 
-Place dough on lightly dusted surface and knead 10 times.  Cut into biscuits and place two inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes

While they are baking mix 2/3 cup of powdered sugar, 1 T of warm water, and 1/4 t of vanilla to make the glaze. When the biscuits come out of the oven drizzle glaze over them and watch everyone in your household appear over your shoulder with their hands out.  These were a big hit!  Enjoy!

3 comments:

Jill said...

Happy Eater, Craig Family! Glad to hear it was such a great time! : )

Jill said...

Easter. Not eater. Although it sounds like you had some good eatin' going on. ;)

Jason & Michelle said...

Do these possibly taste like the ones from Hardees that I remember from my youth?!