Tuesday, April 27, 2010

If it don't heat up get it out of the kitchen!

For quite some time now I have been feeding a family of 5-6 with one good burner.  One of my big burners broke and the other two little ones just don't seem to heat up.  I have had to take turns cooking things and then heating them up in the microwave, such a pain.  James came home today to help my sanity and we headed over to a repair shop to looking into getting new elements.  The man that we spoke to said that it probably wasn't our elements but something with the switches or internally that was the problem. We decided to head to Best Buy and see what was available cheap to just replace it.  Did you know that Best Buy doesn't carry a good old regular stove anymore? Thought I could still be low key and just get one like the one that I had, but oh well.  I am excited though I will have a new cooktop stove next week.  I am now trying to figure out if I need new pots/pans.  The lady told me that my pans needed to be flat/smooth bottom pans so that they heat up evenly.  Any advice on this?  Can't wait to cook my veggies/meat at the same time.  Wow it is going to save so much time!  Hooray!!

No comments: