Tuesday, March 1, 2011

What an awesome day!

Today I decided after my hour or so of cleaning that I was going to get out and enjoy my day with the kids.  I ventured out to the public library for toddler story time, just me and A&A.  I could not have been more proud of them. They were SO well behaved (I am sure that this will not always be the case) and Anthony turned to me mid story and rammed his head into my chest, his way of giving a hug, and said "Kank ooo (thank you) Mom this is cool!"  We loaded up on some books and grabbed a stack for my budding book lover Victoria.  Even found her one that was titled Beautiful Peacocks.  :) 

After heading out of the library with no problem whatsoever (who's kids are these?)  we headed to Target so that Mommy could go and get that quilt that I have had my eye on (Thank you Felicia!) for our bedroom.  I purchased a silver comforter a while back pretty cheap at AJ Wright and the kids have destroyed it in a few months.  It had puckered stitching and every time that the kids grabbed a hold of the comforter to hike themselves up on the bed it would rip the stitches out.  Super comfy and warm but with spring coming ever so quickly (How many days left?) I wanted something that would last longer than a few months and was a bit lighter.  Plus it matches the curtains that I have been unsure about. Win-win right?

Happy meals after the Dollar tree and we were sitting in the driveway at their little table eating chicken nuggets and climbing in the wagon to walk up to the bus stop to get sissy. 

The night ended with the windows being open for a bit of fresh air and Victoria and I sitting on the couch starting a book called The Cabinet of Wonders by Marie Rutkoski.  Victoria got a kick of of listening to a chapter book and felt like big stuff getting mommy all to herself with a book that would be too grown up for A&A to listen to.  :)

Ah I am going to go to sleep with a smile on my face. This is one of those days that God gives me where I can lean back set the cruise and enjoy what blessings I have in those little faces.  Lucky girl I am!

2 comments:

Jill said...

Glad you had such a great day. Got your text, but I was working. Would have loved to have gone. I work M, T, and Wed mornings, but am free the rest of the week. We'll have to do a park playdate soon! ;)

Michelle B. Baker said...

You should start Theodosia with Victoria - it's an awesome chapter book, the author is super amazing too. Theodosia and the Serpents of Chaos by Robin L. LaFevers. It's about a ten year old girl whose parents run the british museum of egyptian antiquities. So good! NAFC library has the book AND the audio CDs.