Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Ketchup soup

Picky eaters, what do you do with them?  Trick them, lie, cheat, steal, do whatever you can do not throw food away.  Tonight I was craving some tomato soup and grilled cheese.  I knew that this would NOT work for Miss fussy pants Addison Marie so a light bulb went on over my head and an invention was born.  Ketchup soup!  My little Addison freaks out over tomatoes.  I was the same way when I was a kid so I don't blame her but in adulthood I got over my fear and now I am a fan.  I still don't get the whole chomp into a tomato thing but will take them on my sandwich without a fuss.  Anthony grabbed the can and said "Look sissy tomato soup!"  The flames started to rise in her eyes and her head began to spin while walking down aisle 9 in Walmart.  I quickly tried to diffuse her by saying "Honey that is just a picture of tomatoes.  THIS is ketchup soup!"  Those eyebrows raised, "ketchup souuuup?"  She had taken the bait and I reeled her in when she asked for another bowl at dinner tonight. 

3 comments:

Jill said...

Brilliant, momma! A momma's got to do what a momma's got to do! ;)

Jill said...

BTW, the hibiscus/biscuit comment by Anthony you posted on FB had me literally laughing out loud. Love it!

Kelly Craig said...

What can I say I have one kid that LOVES food and one that I have to trick to eat it! :)