Wednesday, September 28, 2011

So nice

Monday the grill was fired up an my marinated pork chops began to sizzle.  The aroma filled the air along with the sounds of a semi pulling up in my driveway.  The kids were beside themselves screaming "DADDY!".  I don't think I will ever tire of my husband having the ability to just pull up in the driveway and be home.  With the beautiful weather we ate outside and had a family date night on the deck.

James was suppose to leave on Tuesday early with a load to Alberta, Canada but was able to switch the load around so that he can deliver it later and will be home for a few days leaving early on Thursday.  I'm bummed that he won't be here on my actual birthday but having him home for a few days to be with our household without an other households schedules to worry about has been bliss. 

James took me and the kids to brunch on Tuesday to Waffle House.  James and I have a lot of history at Waffle House.  Most nights after our shift at the Lighthouse we would head there for some late night grub and snuggle in the booth.  This time was different and I liked it.  Anthony and Addison had their first trip to Waffle House and we sat right up at the counter.  The kids got such a kick out of it and they felt so grown.  Watching your food being cooked is so much cooler when it isn't mom doing it. :)  Chocolate chip waffles with the choice of sausage for Addison and bacon for Anthony.  But low and behold half way through our chowing down we turned to find Anthony with his fork in Addison's sausage, mouth open going in for the kill. "THAT'S MY SAUSAGE!"  I gave him the drop the patty look and then he started eye balling my waffle.  Don't even think about it kid!

After Waffle House we headed home and got productive.  I have my muscles home to do some stuff around the house.  James hung my curtain rods in the living room and I got to hang my 24.99 marked down to 6.48 curtain panels.  I will have to post some pics.  They looks so nice.  They give the room some warmth and block out some sun too.  Will be posting pics soon.  Today we will tackle the garage.  If you don't hear from me in a couple of days send a search party. 

No comments: