Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Becoming an "official" mom

Today I was "officially" included into the group of motherhood. I was puked on. Victoria is "not feeling so well" as she says. It started last night with Grandma's meatloaf. She was a lil pokey eating and I didn't think anything of it. She quickly got up and ran to Grandma's bathroom. She started laughing when I told her "You really DIDN"T like Grandma's meatloaf didn't you?" She kinda giggled and told me "yes". So now I am home with a sick kid and an aching back. Storms blew through last night and we slept on Grandma's concrete basement floor. (My body feels like I am 90 today) We made it through the storm unharmed and our house is still standing. Our neighbors underpinning is off of his trailer down the whole side by our house. I get it got pretty wicked last night. Glad we were safe. (Thanks Grandma)

Talked to James this morning. The doc came to see his dad this morning and informed him that his lymph nodes are about 40% infected with Cancer. It is in stage 3-4. They are wanting to wait for about 3weeks to a month to start Chemo for him to get his strength up for it. Things are not good. There has been no time frame discussed and we are just waiting to see. James is on his way home now and he is going to go and see his dad in the morning. Papaw says he isn't in pain other than his surgery site and we are happy for that.

No comments: