Thursday, February 21, 2008

Ice Ice Baby

Well the storm has set in. I got the pleasant surprise of Mamaw coming and picking up Victoria so that she could send some smiles Papaw's way. He is home now. They sent him home yesterday so that he could start building up his strength. They were going to put him in a nursing home but all of the ones that didn't make the recently released "Nation's worst" were all full! Imagine that. I warned Mamaw that there was a ice storm coming and she still insisted on taking her she just had me pack a bag for her. Could it be that I am going to just have the babies to tend to during this ice storm? It is coming down hard now and I haven't heard a word from them. I guess they are keeping her. My car already has ice covering it. BRING ON THE ICE! Mommy has a sitter!

I can't complain though. We have been getting along pretty well. We pulled out the couch and started a new tradition of watching American Idol on the sleeper sofa in the living room. We pop popcorn and have our favorite pillows and blankets. Commercials turn into Victoria Idol. She starts singing numbers and random letters while throwing her hands in the air making these dramatic motions. She is quite the star. We are both impressed with the young dark headed boy and the guy with the dreads. The Asian girl and the girl with the fro are our favorite girls. I am interested to see how this season is going to play out.

After Idol was over and Victoria made her way to her own bed daddy called to tell me to go outside and look up. I had forgotten about the lunar eclipse. We shared a romantic moment looking up at the moon together from states away. Here I was in my driveway in New Albany and he was on the PA turnpike sharing the moon and stars with me. He is such a romantic. I love it! It is just a shame that he wasn't close enough to hug.

No comments: