Thursday, February 7, 2008

Sick Island



My mother has been teased relentlessly about her obsession with alcohol when we got sick as kids. We were quarantined to our rooms and banned from touching any surface that could be "contaminated" with germs. We told her repeatedly that we were going to make her a holster for her alcohol bottle so that she is ready at a moments notice. She would be ready when someone would sneeze she could hose them down to the point of dripping so that nobody else would get sick. I sit here typing this as I am sitting at my desk with my alcohol bottle by my side. I am completely turning into my mother. I have given it a lil twist though. "Sick Island". Her room has been deemed Sick Island since yesterday. She is able to watch as many movies as she wants and dance in her Cinderella dress and play to her hearts content. She just has to stay on vacation on the island. I get to keep the rest of the house relatively germ free and she is able to play and have a party in her "island". Today she chose an ensemble of her Cinderella dress, white tights, Orange fuzzy hat, Little Mermaid crown, sunglasses and her new $4 rain boots that Mommy found on an end cap at Target. The boots zip up and she has trouble remembering that the zippers go on the inside of her legs. She came out to show me how beautiful she looked when she finished getting dressed. I told her she looked "Fabulous!" as I tried to hold back laughter when I noticed that her boots were on the wrong feet. After drawing her attention to the fact that to toes of her lovely boots were pointing outward instead of in. She replied with "That is probably why my feet hurt."..... Makes sense to me!

No comments: