Friday, February 20, 2009

Circus auditions

Last night was quite interesting giving Anthony his treatment while he was sleeping. I tip toed into their room and very very quietly and filled the Mr. microphone up with his medicine. I successfully did this without waking either of them up, it was very exciting. I can move a garbage truck through their room and they don't budge but if they hear the tiny squeek in the floor by their bedroom door, they are up like a lightening bolt, ready to play. I slowly make my way over to Boogie's bed and turn the machine on. It is VERY LOUD, much louder than I remember at the doc. office! He shuffles a little bit, as I am holding my breath, and then settles back down with his thumb in his mouth. I lean my body over the edge of the bed and try to get this mist directly under his nose. I then discover that the mist won't work if the nozzle is sideways, I need it vertically under his horizontal little nose. I am now half in his bed and half out with my legs darn near sticking up in the air as I hold the attachment with one hand and try to plant my fist in the mattress right next to his nose trying to make a little more room so that I can hold this thing vertically under his nose. I now no longer have feeling in my toes, and I can hardly breath myself. I wanted to stick the thing under my own nose. He is thankfully still asleep and the mist is coming out a little better. I feel like a completel idiot hanging on for dear life balancing myself onto the side of my son's bed while the entire house is asleep. Everyone is snoring and I look like I am auditioning for the circus. I wanted to look for the hidden camera. I got it done though.

Victoria seems to be doing better today. She still has a little drainage and is complaining about a tooth hurting now. She isn't eating a whole lot and still pretty emotional. She has slept most of the day and I have let her rest as much as she can so that her body can heal itself.

Addison is holding her own. She has been helping take care of everyone. She has shared her snacks with Boogie and checked on Sissy a couple of times. I let her play alone in her room today for a bit after checking to make sure that there were no Kleenexs in the room that she could attack. She had a ball and cleaned out the hamper in her room and every stuffed animal on the shelf. All of her babies were laying on the dirty clothes and her toy baby bottles were sitting lined up on the roof of her Little People doll house. Too cute!

No comments: