Monday, February 16, 2009

Key points to a great weekend!

-Friday I got to see my honey for a bit for his birthday. Granted it was off of Cane Run road at a truck shop but it was really nice to get to give him a hug and birthday kiss.

-Makenzie came over to our house. It was the first time since the whole drama from October. She was here for just a few hours but she made an effort to come and be at our house. Dad took the oldest two girls to the movies to see Yes Man and as they were leaving she said goodbye to me. That may sound really silly for that to be a big deal, but you have to understand that her and I haven't spoken in about 5 months directly. It meant alot and I know wasn't the easiest thing for her to do, I am really proud of her and feel like prayers are being answered.

-Hair for church went really well. It kinda stunk having to be at church at 7:30 to start doing hair for the drama on Sunday morning but every one's hair turned out really well and I got many complements on it. Childcare didn't open until 8:00 so it was me, the twins and all of the drama and worship people in the green room backstage. The babies did great for the hour and a half that I needed to get everyone done! I couldn't have been more proud of them.

-James came home Sunday afternoon after running some errands and wanted a big hug. I gave him one and he said he needed me to squeeze him harder. I did and found a rectangle shaped hard spot under his shirt on the lower part of his back. I knew immediately what it was. He went and bought the movie Fireproof. He knew I have been wanting to see it and tried earlier this weekend to find it but finally had success. It was such a sweet surprise. He is just the best!!! We sat and watched it and both got a little weepy during some parts. I love his sensitive side.

No comments: