Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Lilies

In the fall this year my lilies started to take off again. They are about 3 inches tall and green as can be. I find it odd that after our ice storm that they are still just as green as they were when they first started to grow. We have had snow storms, ice storms, not to mention that it is Feb. and those little boogers are still standing strong. I was checking them out the other day and thoughts started pouring into my mind. They reminded me of God. Through all of the power outages, even lost lives during this past storm, those lilies (like God) are still there. Just like in life we can have storms of all kinds, family drama, financial drama, sickness, or something as simple as a child that won't quit biting his twin sister (not mentioning any names) that God is ALWAYS there. He is there protecting you and sheltering you. Even when you can't see him because you are blinded by the storm. May God give you all, myself included, the determination of lilies during a storm to survive it and be standing strong even if you are a baby Lilly 3 inches tall.

No comments: