Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy Birthday America!

Off to Sheperdsville we go!  So many parties available I was upset we couldn't make it to all of them.  I ended up solo with Anthony and Addison and headed over to Leslie's house to join in on the party. 

Leslie's house is adorable and it was filled with some of the most delicious food I have ever seen and recipes that I am definitely going to share on here when I receive them.  Leslie's future step mother in law (is that a real legal term) made green bean bundles wrapped in bacon that nearly made me cry.  Along with that she made some kind of chocolate and mouse concoction that was presented in this huge margarita shaped glass that was the size of a punch bowl.  It was gorgeous and amazing to eat!  We all fell onto her new couch and just grunted for a few minutes after eating.

 It was so nice to see everyone and meet new people.  I got to meet some of Mike's family and Anthony and Addison wore themselves out.  We played cornhole, softball, Frisbee, and they hooked up the sprinklers for the kids.  Anthony and Addison had 4 other little girls around their age to play with and the grown ups ate them up.  They ran them around her beautiful fenced in back yard for hours and hours and hours.  Anthony wouldn't let Mike out of his sight and followed him around like a puppy dog.  Mike ate every minute of it up. 

I ended up leaving around 11ish and made my way through the construction on I64 back home.  James spent the day with Victoria at his mom and dad's house working on the truck in the heat.  I actually beat him home and carried my limp children into the house.  I poured them onto the couch and they didn't budge.  I have some pics that I took of them but for some reason my computer isn't wanting to load pics so I will have to post at a later date.  We had a great 4th I hope that you did too!

No comments: