Sunday, July 18, 2010

"That's what I'm talking about!"

My Addison what can I say?  Yesterday Brooklyn Addison and I were sitting at the table eating something.  I can't even remember what it was because Addison's words completely took over my mind.  She took a bite and exclaimed "That's what I'm talking about".  That kid cracks me up!

I had told myself that I wanted to blog more in July but this month is already getting away from me.  I had so many plans for the summer but it is almost over. Can you believe it?!

We have been super busy this week.  It started off with a well check for Victoria at the doctors office.  Anthony and Addison climbed up on the scale too and I discovered that Mr. Anthony out weighs Addison by a little over 5 lbs.  My solid little boy.  I am going to have to cut down on those "gummies"  he loves his Cars gummies and knows that he can hold out on doing something until I say "I'll give you gummies".  I have created a monster.  How quickly we can create bad habits with our little ones before we even know it.

This week has also been filled with Church activities.  They really just need to put me on payroll with how much I am there.  I am not complaining I love helping out, but I have been there 3-4 times a week for the past few weeks.  Crissy and I have been working on the nursery decor.  We have painted grass on the wall and created fabric 3D flowers to hang up on the wall.  They have turned out so cute.  I am going to have to take some pics to post.  My fingers are raw from working with floral wire but it will look great! 

Summerfest is fast approaching.  The worship team is so awesome we have had so much fun practicing.  We haven't had a chance to rehearse with the band yet just about 8-10 of us with a guitar.  There is such a magic feeling when voices blend and eyes are closed God is so present in a room.  We even have a couple of songs that make me want to break out some dance moves.  I will refrain though. I am sure that Northside isn't ready for that.  :)

Speaking of Church Victoria, Anthony and Addison will be attending VBS this week.  Victoria went last year to the church that is pastored by my parents old pastor.  It is located in Sellersburg so it is really close and Anthony and Addison will be able to attend as well.  This will be their first experience with VBS.  I am excited for them all.  Another nice thing about this (other than the fact that it is free) is that I will be ALONE for 2 1/2 hours an evening for a whole week!  I am not sure what I will do with myself.  Any suggestions?

Next week is hopefully our final court date.  Wednesday to be exact.  So any and all prayers going up are appreciated.  Then the following week is registration for school.  I will be the woman waving a $20 at the bus driver to make sure that my child gets picked up.  I am kidding of course.  My mom always used to tell me that when school was about to start.  I took Victoria by her school to check and see what classroom she will be in next year for 1st grade.  She will have Mrs. Bowden.  We spoke with Mrs. Anderson for a second and Victoria was excited to show her that she will be starting this school year with a whole set of teeth!  Woo hoo!

I got a chance to hang out with a friend this week too.  Mary Beth came by for a haircut and brought Davis with her.  Anthony opened up the door and his eyes got huge!  It is a.............BOY!!!!!  You can't blame the kid.  He has 4 sisters so it was a real cute sight to see him grab Davis by the hand to show him his Ironman mask.  (FINALLY someone that understands how awesome it is!  lol)

1 comment:

Jill said...

I missed you at Northside! I was there last week finishing up the Forgotten God study with friends. All the decor in their early childhood is adorable. You guys are too creative! ;)

Will be praying about the last court date. What is Summerfest?! We will have to check it out!