Friday, July 23, 2010

Irvington or bust!

This morning started with pancakes for the crew.  Everyone chowed down and I started on my chores for the day.  The kids hung out around the living room watching TV and wrestling.  Small fires had to be put out after court day with other siblings but nothing too intense.  I guess we shouldn't have been surprised.  Becca and James' dad was staying at his mom's house in Irvington Ky.  I had never heard of it but offered to take them home.  It was the least that I could do after they drove up from Florida.  Plus I needed a change of scenery out of my car windows.  The trip to Walmart doesn't offer to much on scenery.  :)

We loaded up in the car and headed off.  We took 64 to Corydon and then crossed the bridge into Ky.  We had a blast singing to the radio and watching Anthony worship James.  He was just so impressed with him.  He stared at him the whole way and danced when he danced and sang when he sang.  It was so cute.  The trip wasn't as far as I thought.  We said our tearful good byes and a few extra hugs for Hunter and Angel.  They were redoing Hunter's mother's bathroom so they were at Home Depot.  Anthony was crushed to see his buddy go and we all cried wee wee wee all the way home. 

I was brave and decided to try to hand at taking a different way home.  I saw a sign that said Louisville and figured that I would be able to figure it out.  Who needs GPS right?!  I drove and drove I was somewhere around Fort Knox I guess and then all of a sudden Victoria spotted something familiar.  "Look there is those things by Gramma Harb's boat!!"  Sure enough she was right we were running right along with the river and were directly across from the boat where the smoke stacks are from the factory across the river.  I cracked up and knew that my mom would be very proud.  I find it hilarious that my Mother in law works there but it is referred to as Gramma Harb's boat.  You think we have hit up the buffet a couple of times?  Maybe that is why my pants don't fit like they used too.  :)

1 comment:

Jill said...

You are so funny!!! :) Glad you got to keep the other two kids and that all worked out well.