Friday, January 7, 2011

A date with my little people

I had such a nice day today and the fact that my house is a mess isn't bothering me in one way shape or form.  After the girls were dropped off at school I came home and looked at the dishes I usually tend to shortly after my coffee kicks in and the ever growing mound of laundry.  I then turned to A & A and said "You want to go bye bye?"  We threw on some clothes and went out into the world to see what was going on.  We headed to Target and the smell of popcorn (even at 9am) was too much for us to bear.  We headed over to the counter and grabbed a bag and some small drinks and we took in the store and all of the goodies marked on clearance.  Got to love Jan. for that one right? 

We wandered around and I found some stuff for the "store" that I will open for the first time tonight where the kids can spend their "money" that they have been given through the week.  They were so pumped!!!  I also grabbed a couple of super cute and really cheap sleeping bags for the twins to take to grandma's when they stay.  Mom is still putting them in the pack and play and let's face it they are a bit too old for them.  She laughed when she had Anthony she said his feet and head were touching the sides as he laid down.  I hit the jackpot in the toy department and found a wooden train set that was 40+ marked down to $10!!!  There are 127 pieces and Anthony adores the one at church.  I am going to take that to grandma's as well.  Mom has a very special place in her heart for trains.

After Target I braved Chic-fil-A alone with the kids.  They were AMAZING with two capital A's!  ;)  They were putting on a show and being so friendly to people sitting next to us.  They got balloons and Addison was asking the sweet lady that comes to give refills what her name was and kept saying "Shirley!" so that she could wave to her.  So incredibly sweet!  Anthony made a friend with the kid that was sitting next to us.  His name was Dylan (Addison asked) and he joined us in the play area.  The kids did great and I got very little resistance from them when I said it was time to go. 

Home Depot was calling my name.  The hutch door that I picked up on Tuesday is going to get a coat of Martha Stewart red paint and the smooth side of the glass is getting some chalkboard paint.  I am super excited to do this project.  I have been wanting to try out the chalkboard paint for quite some time now and wanted to start small.  Thinking of maybe doing the kids doors so that they can get the drawing on the walls phase over with and do it in a way that doesnt' get them in trouble.  Or maybe I am starting trouble by saying "Watch mommy draw on the door."  I am already second guessing myself.  BTW the man that mixed our sample, his name was Tony (Addison asked). 

From there we headed home and after dinner we opened up shop.  I really should have taken a pic of the kids sitting at the table with their money waiting to see the goods.  They did very well and I have to say that I was impressed with how Anthony saw the price and handed me the correct amount.  Victoria scored with a Littlest Pet Shop sheep and a new pair of socks. Addison chose the the gel window clings along with a LPS caterpillar that is adorable!  (Target toy dept. clearance from $7 to $2.48) and Anthony got a LPS fish that he has held since it was opened.  But in the other hand he has his two new Hot Wheels.  The kids paid their money and Anthony and Addison decided to save some for next week.  The kids spent the rest of the night playing with their new toys.

Bed time arrived too early for them as they were having a ball and not ready to end the fun.  I let the twins sleep in their sleeping bags.  I opened up the cute little backpack they came in and they looked with wide eyes saying their oohs and aahs.  Then they said "What are those?"  I gave them the sleeping bag run down and they are hooked!  Addison looked up with her full face smile and said "Thanks for letting us sleep in the suitcases mommy."  "Not a problem honey.  Not a problem at all."  The house is quiet all three of my little ones are tucked in with their new toys in bed with them.  Goal of establishing reward money is accomplished.  It was such a success with all three that I don't believe they would let me stop if I tried.  Glad to see that they enjoy it as much as I do.

1 comment:

Jill said...

Sounds like a GREAT day! ☺