Saturday, January 22, 2011

James dad has been back in the hospital since a few short days after Christmas.  The visiting nurse heard gurgling when he was breathing and that caused enough alarm for them to send his back to Floyd Co. From there he was placed in the Rehab center.  We went to visit him there and I was surprised how good he looked.  His color was good and he was sitting up and having conversations.  While in the Rehab center his lung collapsed.  They rushed him back to Floyd and into ICU.  While there they found that his Cancer was back with full force and attacking his lymph system.  They have him on oxygen and trying to keep him comfortable.

I picked up Makenzie last night to take her to the hospital and then my parents came to watch the kiddos so that I could meet James at his truck and take him up to the room.  I was not expecting what I saw since the last visit.  It is only going to be a matter of short time.  He is non responsive and lifting his head up off of the pillow yelling out for his mom to come and help him out of his chair.  His mom passed many years before James and I met.  He isn't recognizing anyone and that has been very hard especially on Makenzie.  Papaw hung the moon as far as she is concerned and she has always been very close to him.  Please pray for comfort for him in these last days and for everyone to have peace through these final days.  Also if you could please send one up for James himself to get through this and for safe travels as he is on his way home to spend more time with him again.  I worry about him driving his truck being so upset.

1 comment:

Jill said...

Praying for all of you. Please let me know if there's anything I can do. I'd love to be able to watch the kids, etc. JUST ASK! Love you guys! :)