Sunday, January 30, 2011

It's a bird. It's a plane. No it's....

My kids ceiling light fixture!  After a very long and emotional few days of saying goodbye to James' dad mom called and offered to take the younins to the zoo and allow me to get my head cleared out.  I happily accepted the offer and sent them on their way a short 45 minutes later. 

James left for work and the house was quiet and all mine.  Oh what to do?  So many things on my do do list.  Speaking of I didn't get all of my stuff done on my Jan. To Do list.  Hmm guess Feb. just got longer.  I decided to head into A & A's room since they were gone and I could get a good cleaning out of it.  The kids have begun emptying their dresser muliple times a day and their room looks like a bomb hit when they go to bed at night and I want to pull my hair out.  I NEED SHELVES!!  High shelves! I start with the closet and say a silent prayer that when I open the closet door I will find another bedroom.  No such luck.  I empty the whole closet out into their room on the floor and proceed to take out the 5 ft tall plastic shelf that was holding blankets.  I lift a little higher than I realize and hit the light on the ceiling and break the glass cover into a million pieces all over their stuff that is scattered all over the floor.  After about 15 minutes of crying in a 8in X 8in block of carpet that didn't have glass I began cleaning up the mess.  I guess I am just going to have to wait for the budget and warm weather to get in their and do a little remodeling.  Wanting to get it set up the best way I can for them and also arrange it so that when we get them twin beds we will have room for them.

No comments: