Wednesday, January 5, 2011

I have a confession..

I love Wednesday mornings!  Why? It is garbage pick up day and I love to take things that someone else thinks is "trash" and make it useful.  I could have hit the jackpot this morning with a shelving unit in the corner of my neighborhood.  Nothing wrong with it at all!  It was large about 5X5 and broken up into 1 foot squares of shelves.  I was heartbroken.  I could make this laminate garbage be adorable with a simple coat of white paint and loads of toys in my little ones' room.  Standing in front of it were some cabinet doors.  Glass middles and that horribly ugly decorative glass at that!  I snagged one because I am going to try to get that glass out and turn it into a chalkboard.  "Someone" has me hooked on The Nester (not mentioning any names Jill Pennington) and she has an adorable chalkboard in her living room over her couch and I have wanted one ever since I saw it.   Here I sit in my living room with the sound of Cat in the Hat behind me and I hear the Garbage truck.  I will try to keep the tears from falling as I hear the crunch of the shelf down the street. Wait it just hit me that the door were to the shelf.  It was a hutch!  Even better!  Oh this is a case for a new family vehicle.  We need a full size van!  lol!

No comments: