Monday, January 3, 2011

Hello 2011!

I welcome you! The ultimate "Do over".  I have set some goals for January.  I figure if I share them with the world I will hold myself more accountable for completing them.  They are....

1.  Finish the headboard for our bedroom. I have been looking at some really cute headboards made out of doors.  I was given a door from church that was left over from the new set that Large Group is doing.  I am going to paint it black and I believe do a little something special with some hand painted words.  Maybe 2 Cor.?  Will post pics when it is completed.

2.  Establish some merit money in the home for the kids.  See if this helps with good behavior and help me to focus on the good things my children do instead of the negative.

3.  Dish towels.  Saw some really cute ideas for personalizing dish towels for the kitchen with some sewn ruffles and such.  Quick project to help finish the kitchen.  Got a bunch of left over material from the curtains.  Maybe some placemats as well?  Well see how motivated I am once this project is finished.

4.  Sew some pillows for our bed.  I have started making some felt flowers that I have attached to wreaths and going to use this idea to make some pillows.  Haven't settled on a design yet put will post pics when this project is completed.

5.  Date with my husband.  I haven't had one in quite some time.  He and I both need some time together to reconnect.  We have found ourselves in the parent trap of only having the kids to talk about and not much else.  Want to fall in love again with my husband.

6.  Finish the cabinet doors in the kitchen.  I have taken out the horrible glass mirrors in the doors over the counter that leads into the living room. I have the living room side completed but want to finish the kitchen side with the adorable polka dot material that I have left over. 

7.  Dining room window.  Need to hang a shelf I found at Goodwill for a buck over window and finish window treatments for this window as well.  I have tried a couple of ideas but not found one that I LOVE so that search continues...

There ya have it folks along with some potty training boot camp for Anthony.  Today with the start of school again we went straight to underwear with him.  I told him that the diaper bandit came and took all of the diapers in the house and he has to "man up" and use to potty from now on. So far at 12 we have had two successful attempts and two accidents.  Biggest part is my mindset of "We WILL get this accomplished!  That is the hardest part of potty training. I thought I would have it during Christmas break but with parties and the thought of relaxation it just got put on the back burner.  Well see how this goes...

1 comment:

Jill said...

You're inspiring me with all of you DIY projects, girl! You can head over my way when you finish these! :)