Monday, January 24, 2011

No more suffering

We lost James dad last night at 7:15.  We were all able to be in the room with him when he passed (excluding the younger kids) and he peacefully went to be with God.  I am unsure of the funeral arrangements at this time.  We are to go to the funeral home today to finalize everything. 

I am so thankful that James was able to stay with him and be there for his mom and Makenzie.  Everyone is a mess but we know that his body is healed and that he will never say "I just don't feel good".  I will not think of him without laughing.  He was quite the comedian with the one liners and his dry delivery would put a conversation on hold so we could all get a stomach ache from laughing.  We are going to tell Victoria this morning.  I know that it is going to crush her.  Her Papaw hung the moon and it is really going to take a toll on her after what she has already been through. 

I am staying strong and trying to help everyone as much as I can.  Thank you for all of the prayers along the way during his Cancer battle and for every hospital visit he had. He was an incredible Papaw and we will miss him very much.

No comments: