Friday, August 26, 2011

God is in the raindrops

Doing dishes in the bathtub is no easy task but I am lucky to have a tub to go to and not taking our dishes to the creek somewhere.  I am trying to keep this in perspective.  I bought a large bucket usually used for toys or storage today so that I can wash dishes in it.  I placed it in the bathtub and filled it up with water and soap and got to washing.  I rinsed  in the tub and then laid out a towel on the vanity to dry.  I did one tub full at a time bringing them in from the kitchen into the bathroom, placing them in the tub, washing them and then laying them out to dry.  I continued this process until I finished the 5 days worth of dishes in the kitchen waiting on a plumber.  btw spaghetti was a horrible choice last night as far as dishes sitting and draining in the bathtub.  You can only wipe so much off with a towel ya know?  I finished and dumped the dish water in the bathtub and then wiped it down.  I filled it back up with some Cascade ( a old salon trick that we used to clean the jets in the pedi tubs) so that I could clean out any food that splashed up in the jets.  The phone rang, and about a half hour later I go in to turn off the jets only to find that I never turned the water off.  The tub has something on it where it will catch the water to keep it from over flowing in the bathroom but only catches so much before it starts to leak in the basement.  I fly downstairs hitting about two steps on the way down as I am in warp speed only to find that my utility room has water all in the middle of the floor going straight on my pile of dirty clothes (see this is why I let it pile up).  I do have water that I need to wipe up with my squeegee but all in all manageable.  The water is raining down from the rafters.  I mean RAINING!  I grab a bucket to catch what is still coming and start a load of laundry what else can I do.  I think back now to moving the pile of clothes when the plumber was here to the exact place that the water was coming down so that he could clean out the pipe.  I stand there holding the trash can over my head waiting for the flood.  Little did I know that was all in preparation for the flood that was coming a day later from my own hand.  Funny how God works that stuff out isn't it? 

1 comment:

Jill said...

Great perspective, girl! I was totally smiling reading this! :)