Monday, August 8, 2011

I could but I won't

I finally have my Internet back.  I had some great posts to put on here during my week of no Internet.  I have had it back now for about 2 days and the twitching from withdraw has subsided a bit.  I could go back and post about my hilarious day of having to pay our first gas bill at the Laundromat (where you can also have something notarized, buy stamps among other really random things).  I could write a whole post about me setting up the blow up pool for the kids and blowing a fuse with the air compressor.  How we all walked down the stairs to the dreaded creepy basement only by the light of my cell phone and that my kids and I were all attached as we walked down the stairs because the kids were convinced that a monster was going to get us.  I could write about how the next day I attached the garden hose to the above mentioned pool to activate the high tech blow up waterfall only to have the whole thing rip off and collapse from the sudden burst of water pressure and clinging onto the side of the house as I wasn't ready to get wet just yet (that didn't work;).  I could write about my insane day of a very disappointing doc appointment followed by wanting to choke a lady at the State Street branch of Your Community Bank and followed that by talking to someone from India apparently about my Internet problem and dropping the call after an hour of squinting trying to understand one word that the man was saying to me.  I called back to find that there was no record of the last hour of my life spent on my computer typing in prompts and had to start all over with a man that wasn't near as friendly as the first.  I ended up hanging up on him after an additional 40 minutes on my phone.  Thanks mom for entertaining my kids in the process.  I followed all of that insanity by registering Victoria at her new school.  That took 2 hours and 7 lines.  Basically picture this... Ok you have a elementary school gym right?  Throw in about 12 teachers but first blind fold them spin them around for about 10 minutes. Add 12 tables each with a different purpose and booklet of papers to fill out. Now add about 200-300 parents straight from work hungry and confused accompanied by a few kids frantically trying to yell at their friends that they haven't seen since the school year and jumping constantly jumping (this is very important)  Top that off with 10 ink pens in the whole building and you have a good image of the registration process at Mt. Tabor. 

This day led to my second song written out of a frantic day.  You may remember my version of I will survive here.  In one day I had the doc appointment, two banks and a drive across town to make a simple deposit, 1 hour and 40 minutes of talking to someone I couldn't understand about my Internet problems with no results, and registration for two hours.  My kids and I are huge fans of the Lazy song by Bruno Mars.  Here is my version...

Today I didn't accomplish anything.
I just should have stayed in my bed.
Spent two d*mn hours on the phone
My Internet is still not on...

Stupid but laughing at it helped me not strangle anyone.  I had nothing else to do but laugh.

No comments: