Wednesday, August 17, 2011

In the swing of things.

Wow are we reaching the end of the first week of school already?  The mornings are glorious around here.  I get a bit of time alone and can watch Victoria get on the bus from the window.  Such a nice treat!  Something I won't soon take for granted.  Victoria's first day of school didn't go exactly as planned as she came home defeated.  She got her name moved on the behavior chart the first day due to being a bit chatty.  Who MY Victoria being too talkative?  Naaaa! LOL!  I tried to cheer her up a bit but nothing I was saying was working.  Her anxiety is really bad at this new school.  She really likes it there but is so worried about making friends that it has taken top priority for her and I have been trying to rearrange things a bit in her mind.  She is making friends but not fast enough for her.  It will take some time and trying to be patient with her nerves in the process. 

Today I did get an awesome phone call from her teacher.  I answered and was told that she (Mrs. Smith) wanted to call and let me know that Victoria is having an awesome day and that she has even caught herself when she was getting ready to do something against the rules and stopped herself before she did it.  I am so proud.  I like to hear that she is catching herself before she does something.  So good to hear.

I have also been enjoying some special time with the twins as well.  We miss sissy on our outtings but have been out enjoying the day taking in the some fun days.  Today for example we headed to the Carnagie Center in New Albany and checked out the current art exhibits.  The kids really got a kick out of it and I was glad to see that.  While leaving the center I recieved the call from Victoria's teacher and I made a B line for Sweet Stuff to get her a treat (we got a lil something for ourselves too.  :)  After that we drove over to the library and wandered around for a bit picking out some books for the twins and Victoria.  Found some great book for her about being the new kid in school.  Hopefully that will help a bit.  After taking in the library we headed to Walmart to pick up a few things and then off to Community park to have a picnic and do some swinging.  They kids had a great day and so did I.  Victoria came home to a bed full of new books to read topped off with a double chocolate chip cookie sandwich.  The only thing that could polish this day off was to grill out and we did that too. 

1 comment:

Jill said...

Yea for Victoria! And yea for you for having a great day with your little ones! We need to get together soon! :)