Friday, August 19, 2011

Stucky Fur

Another reason I love school time is that the Kentucky State Fair is just around the corner.  It sucks that Victoria couldn't join us on our adventure with Grandma and Aunt Punkie.  We really missed her.  This year was a huge one for the twins as they were able to walk the whole fair, ride on the bikes in safety town and Anthony, to make room for Aunt Punkie rode in the "trunk" of my car.  This is also known as 3rd row seating to the common public.  My seats are ususally laid down to accomidate the stroller but Anthony's booster seat was placed in the back and I thought I would have to change his pants when the hatch opened and he saw where he would be seating for the ride.  I really thought he was going to pee his pants.  Addison exclaimed "I WANNA RIDE IN THE TRUNK!"  in her best whiny voice she could muster but Anthony explained to her VERY seriously "No you too tiny!"  Addison didn't like this answer at all as it is Anthony's favorite way to make her cry is to tell her how tiny she is and that she isn't a big girl.  One day she is going to pound you for this son or have her boyfriend do it.  :)  The whole way to meet up with G'ma and Punkie I heard from the back seat "I wide in da twunk to da stucky fur!"  He sang it the whole way there.  So stinking proud.  I put on 107.7 classic rock and she's got legs is playing.  He has his eyebrows going a 100 mph and his shoulders are in warp speed as he is so serious and grown jamming to the music in the trunk.  lol.


 When we got there the first thing we had to do was say hello to the giant.  I had to explain that this was Golith.  Addison was brave and walked right up and said hello as Antony clung to my leg like a spider monkey.  Addison was so overjoyed to have someone to talk to and just sit and stare at her.  It was heaven to her.  After we walked around the fair and was ready to go home Anthony decided that he wanted to say hello to Freddy.  After all he had been through the whole fair and didn't see him up and walking around so he must be alright to talk to for a minute. 
 Ugh this pic shows nothing but is of A and A riding on the tricycles at Safety town.  I have video of them on there too but wanted to save my time for a later moment that was so sweet of them.  Anthony ran into the McDonalds, bank, and needed a state trooper to guide him through the whole thing.  After he got off coming in last place and all the other kids had picked out their suckers and had left with their parents he is bringing up the rear yelling "I winned! I winned!"  The riding in the trunk was still going to his head.  :)
 They stopped to play with Aunt Punkie for a bit in the pop up school bus.  I tried to get Punkie to get inside but she wasn't going for it...
 After all that walking we needed some sugar STAT!  Addison decided on ice cream and Anthony and I snuck off to get some good ol cotton candy.  What is a fair without cotton candy?  He wanted to eat it on the stick and I explained to him that we were sharing.  He insisted he wanted it on the stick so I yanked the stick out of the cotton candy and put a basebal sized wad on the end of it and he ate away until he saw what sissy had and it turned into this.



This was one of my favorite things of the day to see.  This silly rabbit.  Addison laughed hysterically and said it didn't have any eyes.  The kids also enjoyed the boarder collies hearding the ducks.  That really tickled them.

My favorite part of the day is a mom moment had at the WLKY booth. My mom walks up to the booth and asks "When are the people coming?" The lady looks puzzled and says "What people?" Mom replies "You know the news people?" I snuck my head in and told mom "Um mom that is Natasha Collins and that back there is Eric King. THEY are on the news." Then handed her their picture for autographs that she was leaning over to ask "When the people are coming". Mom turned 4 shades of red and laughed at herself as we walked off. That was the ongoing joke of the day. Later that night while watching BB a storm alert came on from WLKY and I called mom as I knew she was watching as well and I told her "THAT guy wasn't there"


This was the sweet moment I was talking about earlier.  Anthony saw that sissy had ice cream and wanted some and Addison saw that bubby had cotton candy and wanted some. First they did the whole wedding toast thing and took a bite at the same time of each others stuff but then Anthony had an idea....

No comments: