Wednesday, January 27, 2010

100th day of school!


Victoria finally got to go to school for the 100th day!  They had a party today (suppose to be yesterday but due to the 1/2 inch of danger was cancelled along with school).  Victoria could choose to be 100 years old or wear 100 things.  She chose to be 100 so we put this get up together.  Sponge rollers in the hair, "specks", her wrap and don't forget the broach to "pull it all together" as my Granny would say.  Any day that you can wear clip earrings to school is a great day in Victoria's eyes.

You MUST wear the polyester pants and I told "Grandma" that she would have to wear her tennis shoes to school because I didn't want her to fall down and break a hip on a patch of ice. 

She was so darn funny sitting in the front seat of the car while I took her to school.  She had her legs crossed and her hands folded in her lap with her white lace gloves on.  I felt like I was taking granny to the super market to pick up a half a dozen eggs and a 1/2 gallon of milk for the week.  Bless her heart, her missing teeth in the front just helps the look even more.  Looks like she forgot to put in her denture before she left the house.  So cute!  I can't wait to hear how the party went.

While we are on the subject of days and numbers.  I realized something today.  I am 17 days nicotine free!  I believe that would qualify me as a non-smoker.  James is in the process of quiting.  Pray for him.  He has cut down dramatically!  He just is unable to do cold turkey, but is making great progress towards his goal.

No comments: