Friday, January 15, 2010

Dense

Go Grant Line!  Victoria got a letter that they were wanting kids to bring in money for Haiti.  It was great to see Victoria excited to help!  When she came home today the newsletter said that they raised over 2,000 that will be sent straight to the Red Cross.  Isn't that wonderful?  These kids these days have giving hearts!  So nice to see in such horrible times.

Ah, evening when my day tends to wind down and I get to relax a bit.  I usually just enjoy the quiet and do nothing but tonight I decided to get a little family time in and watch American Idol with the kids.  It turned into redirecting the kids for 2 hours with a blaring TV in the background.  The Cars rug with all of Anthony's matchbox cars didn't work too well.  Anthony didn't want to share anything and was hitting anyone in his path to what he wanted. Victoria thought that the couch was a jungle gym and was having a hard time sitting still, along with Addison who decided that the living room needed to be rearranged and started moving things.  Mom stopped by in the middle of the chaos and I tried to bake an Angel Food cake.  I failed to read directions and greased the pan making an Angel Food brownie.  Unable to tip the pan over to let the cake continue rising it fell flat, very flat and is now about 2 inches tall and buckling over on the sides. So much for light and fluffy.  It's consistency resembled the bakers mental state this evening.  I decided to go with a second try and a different cake.  I tried the Angel food for the fat free lure but ended up making that chocolate cake that was right beside it in the pantry.  I mixed it up in the middle of mom coming over for a quick visit, Anthony hitting Addison, Victoria believing that she was also auditioning for American Idol, and Addison still moving furniture.  Greased my 9X13 pan and shoved it into the oven before my little ones noticed the oven door open.  I set my timer and continued on with my evening.  I now sit here at my computer disgusted because my timer went off and I opened the door to my oven to find my cake uncooked in the cold oven.  Apparently in my craziness I turned the oven off and set the timer for my cake batter to "cook" in an oven that isn't even turned on.  Nice!  I believe a glass of wine is in my future.

1 comment:

Jill said...

Ha! Some of my days are most definitely like that and I only have one right now. You do an amazing job, girl!