Tuesday, January 26, 2010

The need for Superman in a 1/2 inch of danger

Snow day again!  We have about a 1/2 inch on the ground and car wrecks everywhere!  School was called of and so was Bible study.  Anthony still has a runny nose, Addison's viral rash that she has had for the past few days is almost gone, and my stomach bug is turning into a sinus infection.  I was glad Bible study was cancelled because with all of us teetering on full on sickness I didn't want to miss study.  It has been SO GOOD already. 

Victoria is crushed because today was suppose to be the 100th day of school.  It is postponed until tomorrow.  Victoria is dressing up as a 100 year old lady, she is bringing 100 banana chips for the trail mix that they are going to make, and has 100 pretzel goldfish in a bag for the 100 collection guessing game.  Sounds like a good time.

The morning proved to be interesting thanks to the help of "Aunt Punkin".  She gave A&A place settings for Christmas.  Anthony "Super-MAN!" and Addison "Cake Cake" (Strawberry Shortcake).  Anthony will not eat without a fight if it is not his Superman plate, bowl and cup.  Heaven forbid if the mashed potatoes are covering Superman's face!!!  I have to wash it after EVERY meal!  He was ticked because after I stood at the stove making eggs, sausage, and biscuit sandwiches he didn't receive his on his favorite plate.  I had the audacity to present him his breakfast on a Teddy Bear plate.  The nerve!  He attempted to pitch the plate and it's contents across the room I intercepted in time before the poor teddy bear plummeted to it's death.  I decided to make a deal with Anthony.  Eat his breakfast on the teddy bear plate and I will give him his fruit cocktail in the Superman mug.  That was the only way that I could get that boy to eat a bite.  Breakfast is long over and he is still carrying around that silly cup like it is made out of pure gold.  He has his sippy cup nested in it and using the handle of his Superman mug to tip up his drink.  My little man has invented a drink cozy!  Such a nut!  I have a feeling it is going to be a long long day.

No comments: