Friday, January 22, 2010

Camp Discover

It is that time of the year again.  Time for Camp Discover!!  I am so excited.  This year Victoria is too old to participate (it is for age 3 to Pre-K) and I find it funny that even though she is disappointed because of it she has this sense of pride that it is an activity that she is "too old" for. 

This year I got a chance to help out in some of the planning and behind the scenes stuff but the thing I am most excited about is that I am going to be Elbib!


Yep here I am as Elbib.  He is one of our puppets we use upstairs in Large Group.  His name is Bible spelled backwards and he is the one responsible for teaching the kids their memory verse each week. 
Here is a pic of the actual puppet that we photo shopped into a post card to our volunteers during summer break. Don't ya think I look just like him?  LOL

I got to entertain the kids as they were registering and play with them while they were on the bouncy house.  After my debut as Elbib I had to fly upstairs and change into my regular clothes and Team Lead the Large Group portion of the camp.  We had about 70 kids last year when I was there with Victoria.  This year we had over 120 kids and that isn't including their parents! Everyone appeared to have a great time! I didn't get out of there until around 11.  All of the kids spent the night and the Centrum was filled with tents.  They did a great job this year!  All of the hard work paid off.  My pals are suppose to send me some pics of Camp Discovery that they took.  When I get some more I will post them. 

1 comment:

Jill said...

Ah, Kelly, you make an awfully cute Bible! :) What a cute idea to do the Camp Discover. Again, my nephew Cooper talkes about his church time on Satuday nights ALL THE TIME! You all do a fabulous job!