Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Student of the Month

I am now the proud owner of a Student of the Month at Grant Line Elementary.  I am elated!  I found out two nights ago from Mrs. Anderson.  She chose Victoria and she had the most improvement since the start of the school year, I know because I asked her if she drew the name out of a hat.  LOL!  She said she can't wait for me to see Victoria's report card at the end of this week.  She said she is doing great! Still working on harnessing that energy but academically she is soaring.  So great to hear. 

Victoria was suppose to find out today (Wednesday) but I knew as soon as she got off of the bus that she knew.  Monday, the first day back after vacation, she was sent to the corner 3 times for talking. She came off of the bus that day with her head hung low.  Not today, she touched the ground about 3 times as she flew to the car from the bus.  "MOMMY MOMMY YOU AND NEVER GOING TO BELIEVE WHAT HAPPENED TODAY!  YOU ARE JUST NOT GOING TO BELIEVE IT!"  At least that is what I think she said.  It was hard to understand at the speed, pitch and volume it was said in. 

We celebrated with Gramma Harb with Pizza and a movie.  Cloudy with a chance of meatballs (cute movie!).  My girl is walking a little taller, standing a little prouder and I love seeing it!  Can't wait to get my bumper sticker for my car too.  Wait till they see me at Walmart now!  ;)

1 comment:

Jill said...

Yea for Victoria! I'm so proud of her!