Thursday, January 7, 2010

Snow Day!!!

Victoria's first snow day!  I got the call from school that it was cancelled around 6 this morning.  Victoria tapped me on the shoulder around 7:15 to tell me that we needed to get up and start getting ready.  I remember shaking my head no but wasn't able to muster up the energy to tell her that it had been cancelled, and drifted off into dreamland again.  At 8:15 a panicked 6 year old was standing next to my bed. Fully dressed, coat, new winter headband (with the tag still hanging off of it) , and her backpack saying "Mom we are going to be late, we have to GO!

After explaining that she didn't have school today I stumbled into the kitchen and started some awesome breakfast.  Scrambled eggs with cheese. mushrooms and sausage.  I even pulled used the teddy bear cake mold again the mom bought for us yesterday at Goodwill and made teddy bear shaped lemon poppy seed and Honey bran muffins.  I had ample entertainment in the kitchen listening to A&A argue whose snow it was...."MY SNOW!" "NO IT'S MY SNOW!"  "NOOOOO IT'S BUBBY SNOW!"   "NO IT SISSY SNOW!", quite entertaining.  We were all stuffed our faces. 

I sent all the kids to their bed for a little TV time while I prepared the living room.  I crawled into our closet and pulled out our tent, and set it up in the living room along with Victoria's Dora tent.  I walked into Victoria's room and gave her the test. She spelled her 7 spelling words without missing one, and I let her pass by to enter our campsite in the living room. Then the jumping started.  A&A were beside themselves.  I had blankets and pillows set up for them and even had Addison's "My puppy" waiting for her inside the Dora tent.  The kids had a ball!  Victoria picked Elf for our movie to watch and we all hung out in our tents snacking on Goldfish.


Anthony couldn't control himself he had to check out the Dora tent for himself...


Anthony trying to invade Addison's space in her tent.  You can see the finger pointing and can almost hear the "BUBBY OUT!"


She then gets her point across....

Victoria didn't mind the wrestling match across the room at all. It meant she got the big tent all to herself.  Such a sweet pic of her.

Addison spent most of the time screaming to whoever tried to get too close to her space.  It was quite hard to take with the static in her hair from the tent.  She would give her high pitch squeal with her hair standing on end.  It didn't show up too well with the gray background.

Anthony won.  He got the Dora tent and wouldn't leave once he discovered the star cut out.  He kept playing peek-a-boo with me on the couch. 

The snow outside is just gorgeous!  I wish I could send some to my family in California.  I haven't been outside yet, I just can't bring myself to mess up the perfect blanket of white on my driveway and yard.  Maybe later Victoria and I will manage to get out in it later this afternoon.

1 comment:

Jill said...

So fun! Wish we could have been there! You are so creative!