Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Pride

So guilty!  I started Breaking Free last week.  I am very excited, scared, and curious about the journey it is going to take me on.  The study helps us get rid of strongholds in our lives.  Pride will be the first one that I face.  Grace will be the first thing that comes to mind...

Sunday night around 9pm James and I ran to Walmart for a few things.  I was my usual self, mind racing, and not paying much attention to the road.  James asked me "Did you see that cop you passed?"  I quickly responded with "What cop?".  He then informed me of how broke the states are and how they are going to be writing tickets left and right to try to bring money to the state.  Free money he called it.  He told me that if I didn't reduce my speed to a Grandma pace that I would get a ticket.  I did the polite wifely thing and rolled my eyes and said sarcastically "Whatever, Honey"  as I got out of the car.  I have been pulled over a time or two but I have only had one ticket and didn't see any more in MY future.

Monday Mom met up with us to go to breakfast at Horseshoe.  Oh my goodness!!!  I ate till I wanted to bust. We drove around New Albany for a bit trying to find something else to do.  We had originally planned on going to the zoo but the weather didn't work well for that, it was a bit cold.  As I was entering New Albany on Spring Street it happened.  Lights in the rear view mirror....  At 9m the night before I got warned of a ticket and the ticket came at 1pm the next day.  I didn't even make it 24 hours from my husband's warning!

I came home with my head hung low and told James of the news.  I knew I deserved an "I told you so!"  but it never came.  He showed such grace that I stood there and cried.  I didn't deserve such love at that moment, but that is exactly what I got.  It didn't matter what my response was to his warning.  My "sure, whatever" attitude wasn't taken into consideration when I came to him with the bad news.  I totally deserved a lecture or some kind but it never came.  I got forgiveness and a hug.  It kind of reminded me of someone else that I know when I come to him in a tearful mess after I don't listen to his instruction.

1 comment:

Jill said...

Kelly,
I love all the new things you did to your blog! I'm happy that you're doing Breaking Free. One of my favorites. So good for anyone. I love the week about demolishing strongholds and rebuilding ancient ruins. Glad you have such a forgiving man (and Man!). Love ya, girl!

Jill