Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Baby Genius

God bless Redbox!  What a great idea!  A sick households dream.  I rented some movies yesterday during my grocery run to keep us entertained and contained during the day today.  One of the movies that I rented was This Is It.  Victoria is obsessed with MJ and has wanted to see this for quite some time. I let her watch it late last night while she was resting.

 This morning after breakfast I attempted to have everyone out of their bed and roaming about the cabin.  :)  I put in This Is It to try to capture their attention.  A&A spent most of the morning tackling each other and not keeping their distance from each other.  Until I have results on Anthony's swab I need them to keep a 3 foot perimeter.  I loaded them up with some toys and snack and placed them back in bed to rest as best as they could for one more day. 

Victoria and I sat on the couch and watched the whole thing.  Near the end Victoria started to squirm and said "Oh mommy you are going to LOVE this song!!"  I looked over at her and smiled I already knew from the music what song it was.  Then Victoria started to sing...."Baby Genius, not my ya, just a girl"  while rocking out from the shoulders up.  I almost fell off of the couch in laughter.  I corrected her and after her face turned a familiar shade of peach from the crimson that she turned, she began to again sing but this time singing "Billy Jean's not my lover, she's just a girl"  I won't even begin to try to explain the face and comments she made as I attempted to explain the song to her.  She has been asking a lot of questions these days.  Very inquisitive...."Who's not his son?".  I gave her a brief 6 year old explanation to which she responded, "She's lying' should be part of this song too.  THAT is what he NEEDS to say."

1 comment:

Jill said...

Hahaha! Hilarious! Hope you guys get feeling better. ;)