Thursday, February 11, 2010

Need an escape

Victoria FINALLY went to school today.  2 hour delay, which was nice, but finally some kind of normal around here.  She was super excited because today was her Valentine's Day party at school.  Off to school she went wearing her new hair bow Mommy made for her, and don't forget the costume jewelry that had a diamond heart on it.

James made it home just in time for me to attend my first party for Kindergarten.  I was super jazzed.  I got to hang out with the kids at school, meet a couple of Victoria's friends and see Tyyus again (Victoria's little boyfriend at school). Tyyus' face was priceless as I was putting a temp. tattoo on him and asked "What are your intentions with my daughter?" Mrs. Anderson was close by and got a good chuckle out of it.


 
I made some really cute snacks that I found on Family Fun's website and they were a hit!! SUPER easy to make! Not a big fan of Candy canes (although I love peppermint in pretty much anything.) But, I love to save them and make these little guys. All you do is melt some white chocolate bark and spoon some into a heart made out of candy canes placed on wax paper. Sprinkle with a little holiday sprinkles and Ta-Da! You are the most awesome room mother on the planet! They take about 5 minutes in the fridge! The kids loved them!



Oh yes, now comes the escape part.  We have a screen door on our nursery.   A little redneck, I know, but has worked out well for us.  We have a hook and eye latch on the inside and out of the door for convenience.  A&A were chasing each other up and down the hallway all morning and slamming the door.  I am not sure how my little girl managed this but she slammed the door while Anthony was in the nursery and the hook went straight into the eye and locked the door from the inside.  Anthony was stuck although he was unaware.  James had to grab a hanger and shimmy it into the door jam and get our boy out.  Not surprisingly, Addison was nowhere in sight when we got him out.  She locked him in and conveniently made herself scarce.  Quite the sneaky one my little Addison.  I don't believe she could have done that again if she tried, but I am sure she will :)


 

No comments: