Monday, February 22, 2010

"Streth"

What a wonderful two weeks it has been having James home.  We got a chance to have a date, I got to sit next to him in church, I have had meals cooked for me, pizza ordered for us, life has been good.  He spoiled me rotten.

After two wonderful weeks I knew I could get through him leaving again because I had Leslie Monday to look forward to, along with FINALLY getting back to Bible study after 3 weeks of it being cancelled, due to weather issues.  Sunday night Victoria started complaining about her throat hurting.  I kind of made light of the situation because Brooklyn came over with a sore throat and Victoria tends to acquire things that other people have.  (She doesn't like to be left out).  When this morning rolled around and she said her throat was still hurting and she didn't think she should go to school I knew something was up.  I had checked her throat yesterday and it looked a little red but not anything too serious.  When she wasn't interested in school knowing she had a brand new shirt to wear (with matching bow of course) I called the doc.

James came home to help me out.  (Very thankful for that) I met him and his semi, with trailer, behind the New Albany shopping center and we headed to the doctor's office.  Victoria told me as she was stepping on the scale that she was sick and had "Streth".  She must have heard me talk about my suspicions while frantically making phone calls to find someone to help me get the kids to the doc. 

I had James bring the little ones into the office to have them checked too after finding out that Victoria did indeed have Strep.  After having the joy of weighing myself so that they could check Addison's weight (she wasn't very excited about standing on the scale), Addison tested positive too.  Anthony so far so good.  But the doc said she wouldn't be surprised if his second culture came back positive in the morning.  They have a prescription on stand by for him. 

I can't tell if my throat is getting sore or if my mind is playing tricks on me.  I have the antibiotics already going in me just in case.  Fingers crossed this passes soon.  I am stocked up on movies and have some homemade chicken soup on the stove.  I guess Leslie Monday is a no along with Bible study in the morning.  Doc said the girls are contagious for 24 hr so no school for Victoria tomorrow either.  This would have been her first full week back in quite a while with Holidays and snow.   This messes up her perfect attendance this year. I am sure Tyyus will miss her  :)! 

No comments: