Monday, February 1, 2010

Swimming upstream with my long To Do list`

I should have known this morning when I flew up to the bus stop in my car and the bus was there that I was going to have one of those days.  Especially when the bus driver didn't wait for her, shut the door and drove off, without Victoria.  Crap!   Glad we live within spitting distance from the school.  Turning left on my street is no easy feat. It didn't help later in the day that I was the one that was stopped in construction in a long line of traffic, that I was waiting all day for our check to arrive (3 trips back home to check to see if the mail arrived) so that I could go and start the second half of my day and buy my new vacuum, pay co pays, and everything else I needed to do.  On the third trip back home to check the mail  I saw the mail woman in our neighborhood.  (I did a little dance)  FINALLY I could get the mail.  She wasn't on my street but she was in the Pines, so I braved it and approached her and asked if I could pick up my mail.  She looked at me as though I had asked her to donate a Kidney.  She claimed she couldn't do it and I walked off while kicking  a little dirt at her unwillingness to help.  Remember, I gave this woman some Christmas candy this past year.  Err.  I know I am complaining but by this time I was good and frustrated.  I grabbed up Victoria from school to take her to an appointment and headed back to the house and low and behold the mail woman was on my street.  It stood in the street and waited..... she placed the mail in my hand drove off leaving my mailbox door open.  I think out of spite.  Oh well I have a paycheck now!  Off to Louisville we go for Victoria's appointment and to Build a Bear to take Addison's Puppy to the doctor. She found the seam and started pulling stuffing out of her, and since then she looks up at the top shelf in the living room, points and says "Puppy sick".  I did get everything on my To Do list done but left the house at 8:30 and didn't get home till 5.  We ran non stop.

OK now that I got all of my complaining out of the way.  The cool things about today....

-Went to Horseshoe with Mom for Breakfast.  I can go on and on about their made to order omelets on the Buffet.  So delish!!

-It was another miss (by about 10 minutes) but got a chance to see my nephew at the end of his first solo flight. He is 18 years old and on a journey to be a pilot.  I just think it is so cool!  He has been waiting for his first solo for a while now and the past 4 times he has been to the airport it didn't work out due to missing paperwork, or weather restrictions.  Mom and I flew (in our car) over to the airport and just missed it.  We did get to witness something very cool though. 

After a pilots first solo flight there is a tradition of cutting the shirt tail out of the shirt that you wore during your flight.  Tyler wore the T-shirt that he got at a balloon festival when he got the itch to be a pilot.  I asked about the tradition and it was explained to me that way back in the day the flight instructor would sit behind the student and without all of the fancy headset and mics to communicate the teacher would grab onto the students shirt tails to get his attention and instruct him.  Once you have had your first solo flight you no longer need your shirt tail for the teacher to grab onto.  Isn't that neat?  I am bummed that I missed seeing him in the air but very excited that I got to see them cut his shirt tails off.  Made me tear up and wonder where time went.  Isn't he still 4 years old??

No comments: