Saturday, February 13, 2010

Happy Birthday James

The day started with some pink heart shaped chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast.  We wouldn't have the kids in the morning so we did a little Valentine celebration early.  I couldn't whip those things out fast enough.  My family was inhaling them!  Always a good feeling for a mom.

I had to spill the beans about the surprise party that I had been planning for James with the news of his uncle passing.  The plan still worked out because the funeral was scheduled for Monday.  James and I got the kids dropped off and headed over to church.  Great sermon as always and headed out to get some food. I had planned for some of his old friends that he hasn't seen in quite a while to meet up with us for some celebration time.  James and I both had a ball and we got to blow off some steam of the day.  (On top of the news of the death, Ford shutting down for another week meaning James won't be on his regular route, and Tina telling us earlier in the day "See you in court" our stress level was through the roof.)  We got all of our stress out, visited with friends, did some dancing and arrived safely home around 2:30.  It was nice to surprise him even if I had to spill the beans before the event.  It made him feel pretty good to see everyone come out to say "Happy Birthday" to him.   

1 comment:

Jill said...

Happy Birthday, James!