Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Diversion

I am going to tell on myself.  I know that this may open myself up to some teasing, but if you can't laugh at yourself then you might as well crawl in a hole and hide.  :0)

My court date is coming up for my speeding ticket.  I called the prosecutor today to see about getting out of my ticket.  I have only had one ticket in my life about 10 years ago (gotten out of quite a few) and the thought of going to court makes me want to throw up.  From what I understand it is just me and the Prosecutor not a judge throwing down the gavel saying "YOUR OUT OF ORDER" and hearing the words "YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!".  A little dramatic I know but would you expect anything less?? 

I have a hard enough time with the English language and when I get nervous I get my words all twisted up and end up making a fool out of myself.

*Exhibit A*


I finally got a hold of the office that I needed to speak with about the matter and asked the lady that answered the phone....

Me: Yes, I would like to speak with someone about a ticket I received.

Lady on phone:  Well the Prosecutor is on lunch but I can give you a generic answer possibly.

Me:  I received a ticket and I have only had one in my life.  My husband and I are not wanting to have any points on my license and from what I hear I need to ask for a "diversion".  You know like traffic school or something?

Lady on phone: Umm......well......You need to show up for your court date and see if you are eligible, we haven't had traffic school in about 10 years,  and the word you are looking for is "Dif-fered".

After realizing that I just asked the lady for basically a distraction from my ticket I wanted to crawl under the carpet at my desk. THANK GOD I didn't ask in person for a diversion!  They probably would have written me another ticket for being an idiot.

I told James of my mix up of words and after we both got a good chuckle he told me that I should take all 3 kids to my court date.  That would be a wonderful diversion!!  Har Har Hardy Har Har!

1 comment:

Jill said...

Maybe if you brought all three they would have mercy on you! ;)
Sorry about not getting back with you on Wed. . .I had to work. Hope things go well at court! ;)