Sunday, August 22, 2010

Cooking with Anthony

Had to get this written down before I forgot about it.  Although I am sure I won't.  Anthony helped me cook dinner today.  I made "meatlopes" (meatloaf) and mashed potatoes with Anthony.  He helped mommy by putting in the bread crumbs and spices.  He stood on a chair, leaned over the bowl and sprinkle the Italian seasoning and then would lean on me kiss me on the cheek and say "I love you too Mom." MOP ME UP OFF OF THE FLOOR!  I didn't even tel him that I loved him.  He just knew that I was saying I love you by letting him help me.  Melt my heart!  He did that after almost every spice.  By spice #3 I was in tears.  Oh my sweet boy!

We then moved onto the taters.  He looked on my cutting board and thought that they were apples and reached over and licked it.  lol!  I had to explain to him what they were and he was ready to help me with them.  Anything to do with mashed potatoes he was up for.  He would hand me the tater and watch mommy peel it then help me wash it off and place it on the cutting board while handing me a new one.  He would count them with me "5, 6, 7, 9"  That kid always skips 8.  :)

Dinner turned out awesome and Anthony and I was very proud of ourselves.  He ate his dinner all gone!  Of course he did, mommy made apple cobbler for dessert. :)

1 comment:

Jill said...

What a special memory. ;)