Saturday, August 7, 2010

It just clicked!

What a beautiful day it was outside today.  I went with James to his parents house to help him with some stuff on the truck.  It hadn't been cleaned really well inside the cab for a while.  I grabbed my cleaning bucket and a duffel bag of towels and headed off.  About 3 1/2 hours later that thing was smelling good and sparkling.  I climbed all over that thing.  I scrubbed the walls and even used Q-tips on all of the switches on the dash.  Music was blaring and I was singing my heart out. I had a ball. James was outside painting the bumper.

While we were working away on the truck the kids played in the yard. We got many "shows" of Anthony and Addison on America's got talent where Victoria played the roll of Hostess.  Anthony and Addison would walk to the middle of the front yard Anthony with a juice bottle he used for a guitar and Addison with a Hannah Montana microphone.  Addison was singing (more like rhythmic screaming) and Anthony had his foot tapping and head nodding.  Quite the scene.  I remember giving my mom and dad shows when I was little.  It was nice to be sitting in the crowd.  They each took turns getting voted off and took the news very graciously.

After the newness of the shows wore off Mamaw brought out the bikes she got them for Christmas.  They have sat on them many times but couldn't figure out how to get their little feet going to make the thing move.  Make no mistake they both still felt very cool just sitting on them.  This time Anthony hopped on and something just "clicked"  he started peddling.  His eyebrows went up and he grinned from ear to ear.  The tassels on the handlebars were blowing in the breeze and he took of down the sidewalk screaming "Yeee-HAW!"  Addison watched and took some notes and was right behind him on her bike just peddling away.  I choked back the tears watching my little ones grow right before my eyes.  Are they really getting ready to turn 3 in a few weeks?  I enjoy watching them grow so much but sometimes I just wish I could hit the pause button ya know?

No comments: