Monday, August 9, 2010

Put on your big girl panties and do your business on the potty.

Today is day 1 of my serious attempt to potty train Addison.  She has gone on the potty several times but has not yet mastered the whole "I need to go potty" routine.  Routine is always busy and I am not one much for change.  She tells me when she has a dirty diaper but never before she does her business.  I figure with school starting and getting back into the swing of a schedule I would lump all of the change together and get serious this first week of school and get this girl potty trained.  Anthony still has NO interest in the potty.  He thinks it is cool to stand on when he is washing his hands in the bathroom and to sit on it but as far as putting something in it other than a truck or the rest of the sandwich mommy is trying to get him to eat, not interested!  I think one at a time is the best route for me at this stage in life.  So far Addison has had only 2 accidents today and 3 successful potty sessions rewarded with a Dum Dum sucker from the bank.  By the way her eyelids, are not glued open and she finished it by the time we were back home.  This was an Addison personal record.

No comments: