Sunday, August 1, 2010

A full cup

What do you do when you spiritual cup is overfilled?  What do you do with the spillage?  Well after getting home and still being on such a high from Summerfest I turned back around and headed back to church.  Crissy was working upstairs on the sets for large group and I just had so much energy and joy that I wasn't ready to stop just yet.  I gave her a call and asked her if she could use me if I came back up.  I arrived around 11pm and we started working away.  After about an hour her other help was tired and ready to call it a night.  I was in the middle of painting when we started talking about the nursery and what all still needed to be done.  I looked at her and asked her how she was feeling and if she wanted to tackle a room tonight.  She looked and me and we decided to give it a whirl.  We headed across the street to Meijer and grabbed provisions (i.e. snacks and some brackets) and back across Charlestown Rd we headed.  We worked until the sun came up literally!  We left at 6:45 the next morning.  We were exhausted and so pleased with how it all turned out.  The room looks great! We had a blast and joked about being so tired that we pass out on the mat in the room.  Everyone would be arriving for Saturday evening service and would find us spooning in the middle of the floor surrounded by tortilla chips and paint brushes. Each holding a glue gun.  I am going to go and get some pics. The rooms really turned out nicely. 

I came home and crashed into bed.  I believe I was asleep before my head hit the pillow.  Got back up a few hours later and started getting ready for church.  I was a zombie.  I perked up a bit when I saw all of the babies reaching up for the flowers that we made and staring in amazement.  It made it all worth it.

2 comments:

Jill said...

You guys did a FABULOUS job!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Good post and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you seeking your information.