Monday, October 6, 2008

Ready for the latest issue?

Head lice, yep I said it head lice. Victoria apparently caught it at church this weekend. In my 11 years of being in the hair industry I have never had to deal with it before. I was upset to say the least when James and I were approached in church with the news. Another friend of mine had her son come home with it last week. I have been busy doing laundry and spraying everything the I can get my hands on.

Right now Victoria is outside playing while I do some down and dirty cleaning in my house making sure that no sign of it is in the house. I am getting ready to do a home remedy that I found online. I am going to coat her hair in olive oil and leave it in for a few hours with a cap on. I read that they hate heat and it is best to stay in a warm environment, plus the olive oil will suffocate anything left from the treatment. I am going to send her back outside to play with her shower cap on. I know you are laughing while itching your head thinking about it. Fortunately myself and the babies have no signs of it and I plan to keep it that way. So beware the germaphobe is dealing with head lice! Get out your purell and your spray bottles of alcohol. Can you picture our little trailer park Victoria outside with her shower cap playing restaurant and me in the house with my gas mask on cleaning diligently? It is quite a site. Any advice to make sure that this doesn't return is GREATLY appreciated! My laundry just buzzed at me got to get onto the next load.

No comments: