Friday, October 24, 2008

Speed bumps

Still lots of bumps in the road here but we are still at least on the road. James had some trouble with swelling in his leg a week or so ago and had to have some test run. They did an ultrasound and some blood work. He was sent home with some antibiotics and water pills. He has been really sore due to the antibiotics but the redness has gone away considerably. He finally got a call from the doctor the other day about his test results. Seems they found something wrong with the lymph node in his groin ( you can imagine where my mind is going when a lymph node is mentioned). They are sending him to a surgeon. Prayers are needed.

One of my best friends Melissa went to the hospital Tuesday. She was on her way to work and started to have numbness in her hand, knee and face, all on the right side. She went to the hospital and they did all kinds of tests including a spinal tap, MRI, and I believe a CAT scan. They did find an area of her brain on the left side that they are unsure what it is. They are trying to rule out a stroke, or MS from what I am gathering. She was released today. I haven't heard any word yet on whether they found what the cause was or not all I know is she is going home today. Prayers are needed.

Addison is now running a fever of 101.6. She is getting fussy and very clingy. I believe that she is getting what Anthony had. I called the doc to see if we could get another dose of the antibiotic that they gave Anthony so that we don't have another trip to the emergency room this weekend. Prayers are needed.

My neck is out. I have been sitting on a bag of frozen peas this evening. It started off being just a little stiff but as the day progresses it is getting stiffer and stiffer. Prayers are needed.

I did manage to get some baking done on this rainy day. I love baking when it rains. I tried an apple tart that looks like it came from the bakery of Whole Foods, if I do say so myself. It is just georgeous. I haven't tried it yet. I am afraid that if I like it I won't stop eating it till the pan is empty, and I want James to try it too. I wanted to get some more baking done. I have a wonderful recipe for a pumpkin roll that I wanted to take to a friend that had a birthday this past Monday. She seems to be craving pumpkin in her pregnant state. (You know who you are ;)! One is on the way and you won't have to tip toe around Kroger. LOL.

No comments: