Saturday, June 11, 2011

Fabulous finds!

Had a great day today. My buddy Crissy came over today to get a haircut and stayed for lunch.  I have been trying to eat healthier and take better care of myself and fixed an AWESOME salad today and only had one soda.  Trying to get my energy and drive back. 

After lunch I took Crissy to where her booth is at a craft store in Shively. Got to love "Lively Shively". It is like a world in itself. I helped her put some finishing touches on her booth (looks super cute) and then we headed over to the peddlers mall that used to be Dillards on Dixie. I found a cute shade for 2 dollars that is a long cylinder that will look great hanging with a light set up.  Really excited about it but not sure where I am going to put it yet. For 2 dollars I can afford to make a mistake or even use some fabric adhesive and attach something to it that will match where I put it. 

My quest for what to do with the living room was resolved today during my wandering through TJ Maxx!  That store should be illegal!  I found this awesome print that has the purplish burgundy along with the red brick on the fireplace in the living room. Still not sure what color to paint that horrible wood paneling but check this out!



How great is that?!?!  Such rich colors that didn't really show up on this pic but check out that turquoise that I LOVE!  Some yellow too?  Sure I'll take that.  Want to know that best part?  For this lovely piece that is about 2X2....

Can't beat that can ya?  For 10 dollars I have a color scheme for the living room.  I can make some awesome pillow covers for the couch using all of those fun colors.  Maybe paint the living room a nice light clean gray?

My next steal came from there as well.  I swear these were made for me.  I am really into circles right now can ya tell?  I found these gems that say Family, Faith, and Friends.  In the other circles there are descriptions that are really cool that form another circle too. 

 Again want to know the best part?  These 3 prints are about 10X10....
Incredible!  I couldn't have painted these myself for that prices.  The canvas that they are on is worth more than that!

I asked Victoria which of the two upstairs rooms that she wanted not sure how she would feel about having Papaw's room.  My sweet tender hearted girl is a bit unpredictable on how she will react to things dealing with loss but she expressed that she would like to have Papaw room.  The problem it has dark blue carpet and there is nothing blue in her room. I found this at Target marked down 10 dollars.

So cute it is reversible and the other side is white with the same flowers so she can pick which way she wants her bed and can change it whenever she wants.  This was marked down to $50 but comes with sheets too.  So I reasoned that is it basically TWO comforters, sheet set, and pillow sham and there is no way that I could purchase those separately for $50 and with the money I saved on the prints I made out like a bandit! 

Did I mention that the kids were AMAZING today.  Victoria was hanging out with Mamaw as she got out of the hospital yesterday and is feeling much better.  (Her diet put her in the hospital as all test showed nothing wrong.)  Anthony was walking in stores and telling people excuse us then turning to me and saying "Mom I use good manners!"  Way to go kid.  I was just reading my buddy Jill's blog and she was talking about her son and his manners.  I am just glad that my kids show them every once in a while.  :)  I am sleeping with a smile on my face. 

No comments: