Thursday, June 23, 2011

We are so in!

I am sitting in my new kitchen listening to my dish washer behind me wash my dishes smiling from ear to ear.  Life is good I'm tellin ya!  The move went well considering two households of stuff had to pass each other to make it work.  Thank you to all of my family that helped make it happen. 

I just don't know what to do with myself with all of this space!  I believe James told me it was about 3,000 square feet we have now.  With the front and back yard along with the huge back deck we have so much room to breathe!  The stress has been just melting away from our family this week.  Granted we still have stress like realizing that the roof leaks by the fireplace and helping Vicki transition into her new house and into life as a widow, but it is so nice to have some privacy. To not be stuck in each other's faces 24 hours a day. 

The kids playroom down stairs is set up (not painted yet) but set up and the kids feel like they are in the toy department in Target.  There is something about putting toys on display that makes them new and irresistible.  Not to mention the fact that they haven't seen them in a month and have been living on slim pickin of toys in their rooms as things were packed away. 

The wallpaper is up for the time being as most of my time has been spent cleaning the house and giving it some TLC.  The kitchen needed a lot of elbow grease and I am coming to terms with not having my new cook top stove.  Gas stoves cook quickly which is handy but I have already burned a batch of scrambled eggs and broccoli.  I'll get the hang of it though.  We have the dish washer figured out now after running it 4 times before we found that the water wasn't hooked up to it.  We are figuring things out and learning the ropes of our new space.

The first morning in our house we were greeted by some adorable rainbow cupcakes on our front door (Thanks Jill!)  and a bright sun showing in our windows.  The kids got to go outside and play on the swing set and we grilled out some amazing pork chops on the grill outside.  There is nothing like the smell of food on the grill and my kids cackling laughter in the background.  Aw this is GREAT!

No comments: