Monday, June 6, 2011

Victoria hitting bottom.

Yesterday we had an awesome time at Aunt Punkin's house celebrating Kirstie's graduation.  Addison had a freak accident while sitting on the couch and peed all oer my sisters couch.  She was just sitting there playing my nieces DS and started yelling "Im peeing!"  We got her cleaned up and I had to think of a second on what to put her in to wear as her clothes were wet.  Her swimsuit!  I told the kids that I wasn't sure if we were going to go swimming or not and not to bug me about it that I will let them know if we are.  Addison walked out of the bedroom in her suit and was strutting even though the bottoms were too big and falling off of her.  A little boyfriend she made came and sat by her and Addison said "Look I have  a swimsuit on" while admiring herself.  He said "Are you going swimming?" and without missing a beat Addison started running her fingers along her bikini top and in her matter of fact I am awesome tone she said "Nooooo I just peed on my Aunt Punkin's couch." I really wish I could have had a sound bite so you could have heard her delivery.  It was priceless!  So casual, so distracted by her own beauty to realize that she was saying something completely hilarious. The little boy took off laughing.  Later on in the evening he left with his daddy and Addison picked him a flower (I am watching across the yard) unprompted and he took it and said "I love it!" and gave her a hug.  So stinking cute go to love a guy that doesn't care if your not house broken. :)

  This year's first swim made me cry.  First of all Victoria can now touch the bottom of the pool.  She was so excited.  She was "swimming" with her floaties for dear life and I asked her "Can you touch now?".  She got her arms and legs calmed down and I could tell by the look of surprise and disbelief that she could indeed touch the bottom.  I remember that feeling as a kids.  It is that "I have arrived!" moment in childhood that you see the evidence of growing and getting bigger.  I was starting to get misty eyed about that when Addison did me in.  She let go of mommy with her floaties on and took off in the water all by herself.  (tear)  Where are the pills that you can give them to get them to stop growing?  My babies are growing way to fast!

No comments: