Sunday, January 6, 2008

"Oh-No-Oh-No It's off to work James goes"

Well tonight is James last night at home. His vacation time has come to an end and I am sad. We didn't really accomplish much. He almost sold his truck (until at the last minute numbers changed and deals were broken at the dealership), We went out to eat just the two of us at Longhorn Steakhouse (thank you Ashleigh), We got to visit with our friends Travis and Marlina, The babies got to finally meet their adopted aunt and uncle Nevel and Anita, and we got to spend some time just hanging out and watching movies. Family fun night was a blast, thanks again to FamilyFun.com. I decided that we are not going to stare at the TV and we were going to actually............................(big gasp)................INTERACT WITH EACH OTHER. It went over well, better than I thought. We played murder. I know not a "family friendly" title to a game, but you play by passing out cards (one cleverly marked as the murderer card in this case was a smiley face) and the person that gets the murder card "kills" people by winking at them. We made it more interesting with one lit candle in the middle of the living room as our only source of light. The kids got a big kick out of it and we now have new inside joke in the family about how we died, sometimes VERY dramatically and ways that the murderer was "outed". I have tried to have "family fun night" before with little to no cooperation and it was a nice change to see everyone involved in hanging out with each other and not hanging out with the big colorful square in the living room otherwise known as the TV.

Today my loving husband stayed at home with the kids so that I could go with Marlina to the Special Occasions Bridal show. We started early and accomplished alot today. I am always eager to go someplace that is giving out samples of cake! But when we ended up at David's bridal and tried on bridesmaid dresses it reminded me , painfully might I add, that it is time to start that diet. My mid section is out of control!! Man, kids and stress can really do a hurting to a set of hips. I think I see the outline of a pancake on my right thigh I swear! I have got to get under control. So tomorrow it is South Beach time. My only problem is I am going to have to buy a scale to chart my progress because I broke the last one. I "accidentally" threw it in the trash can. I need to get off of here before I enter my sugar coma for my last night of binge eating. Hey, like you wouldn't do the same thing! Don't judge!! Wish me luck!

No comments: