Wednesday, January 2, 2008

I have found my calling!

James and I went to Home Depot yesterday before picking up the kids from Grandma and Grandpa's house to pick up some plastic insulation for these things that some manufacturer is trying to pass off as windows. I didn't fully understand the concept of this plastic insulation. I was expecting duct tape and some tarps over the windows. Boy was I wrong! James started in the nursery. He put this two sided tape on the edges of the window and pressed this plastic up against it and then........... are you ready I got to pull out my fancy hairdryer from work and seal the plastic and make it shrink wrap to the window. You can't even tell that it is there unless you touch it. I am amazed. I am sure that I am the last person on the face of the earth to find out about this stuff but let me tell you I am now a "professional plastic window insulation installer". I even turned to James and said " I am having a ball do people get paid to do this?" Once I found out yes I think I am going to open up my own business. I just need to come up with a clever name.

No comments: